What is STP?
Sewage Treatment Plant is a wastewater treatment plant which is used to treat contaminated wastewater generated from industrial, residential, institutional, hospitals or complexes. Water is sustainable resource, so it is very important to minimize its depletion for further generation. STP is a unit which consist of several steps through which wastewater is passed for its treatment to desired level. Output parameters of treatment water totally depends upon the type of wastewater treatment.
Types & Process of Wastewater Treatment
Three types of process i.e. Physical, Chemical & Biological process is used to remove contaminants & produce treated water that is safe enough & meet govt. defined parameters.
- Primary Treatment of wastewater – This process involves removing of physical or solid matters like oil, grease, floating, big size contaminants and rest of the liquid is discharges for secondary treatment. It is also found that some Sewage Treatment Plants are connected to sewerage system so that in case of heavy system or rainfall they can bypass water primary treatment only.
- Pretreatment – In this process influent is fed to bar screen to remove large size particles can be collected through size screening. The items that are commonly removed are like trees bark, bottles, cans rags, sticks, plastic etc. Their can be used bar screen of multiple sizes to optimize solid removal.
- Grit Removal – It is done by varying the speed of flow of influent so that it gets proper time for the settling of pebbles, gravels, sand. Removal of grit is very important because it reduces the formation of heavy deposition in aeration tanks, aerobic digestors, pipelines, channels, pumps etc. It also reduces the frequency of cleaning of aeration tanks & pipes.
- Oil & Grease Removal – Removal of oil & grease is very important for proper treatment of effluent. So, for this a separate oil grease trap tank is made which work on the mechanism of bauoncy and sperate floating oil from surface or oil skimmer is used.
- Secondary Treatment of wastewater – It includes biological treatment of water as it performed by micro-organism in an area. These bacteria consume organic matter and form floc. In this process dissolved and suspended solids are removed.
- Fixed Film– It includes two advance process which are MBBR & IFAS. In MBBR (Moving Bed-Bio Reactors) in which based on activated sludge process and biofilm process. This process uses floating high capacity microorganism biochip media with the aeration and anoxic tanks.
- Suspended growth system includes activated sludge in which the obtained biomass is mixed with the smaller space than trickling filters.
- Tertiary Treatment – After both the treatment, anything that is done is considered under tertiary treatment. Its purpose is to provide final treatment stage to further improve the quality of wastewater before discharging it. In larger capacity plants or depending upon the type treated water required more than one type of treatment can be used.
Aerobic & Anerobic Treatment of wastewater
- Aerobic -It is the most preferred type of wastewater treatment which is done in the presence of oxygen to break down organic matter & remove pollutants like nitrogen and phosphorus
- Anaerobic– It is type of treatment which takes place in the absence of oxygen. It uses anaerobic bacteria (biomass) to convert COD into biogas.
Advantages of using Kelvin Sewage Treatment Plant
- Use of gravity flow as much as possible to reduce power consumption.
- Proper wiring & piping for smooth operation plant
- ISO certified control panel for electrical safety
- Fully Automation to avoid excessive expenditure of manpower.
- Designing & engineering of fully customizable plants to utilize every source of plants.
- Proper indication of plant flow.
- 24*7 service support with AMC available.