Reverse Osmosis is the most widely used solutions for water filtration
Kelvin India is one of the most advanced waste water treatment company in India. Kelvin India deals in industrial and commercial RO systems and services in waste water treatment.
Osmosis is mainly the process where molecules passes through a semi-permeable membrane from a less-concentrated solution into a more-concentrated solution.
A perfect example of osmosis is the nature of the plant roots through which it draws water from soil. Reverse osmosis is exactly the opposite of that process.
Reverse Osmosis is the way toward constraining a dissolvable from a region of high solute focus through a membrane to a region of low solute fixation by applying a weight in abundance of the osmotic weight. This is the reverse of the ordinary process, which is the regular development of dissolvable from an area of low solute fixation, through a membrane, to an area of high solute concentration when no outer weight is applied.
Quality of water after reverse osmosis is better and safer also reduces exposure to contaminants. A reverse osmosis system can help remove 99% of contaminants commonly found in tap water, including lead, organic bacteria, particulates, salts, colloids (oil and fat-based molecules), pyrogens, protein-based substances produced by bacteria.
RO is widely used because it eliminates the requirement to retain aggressive regeneration chemicals in house. There is no production of chemical effluent discharge in RO plants.
Apart from the above pros and cons related to RO plants, some other are discussed below
Advantages of RO
- Able to remove dissolved substances efficiently and gives finished water with good taste.
- There is no addition of chemicals required in this process. RO separates dissolved substances from the incoming water.
Disadvantages of RO
- The amount of water wasted by the RO process is quite high.
- RO is an expensive system with slow rate of output.
- Must be combined with pre-filtration devices.
- The RO membranes require maintenance or periodic replacement.
- Hard water can shorten the life span of the RO membrane. A water softener might be necessary to keep the membrane working at its best.
- Reverse Osmosis can’t be used for filtering harmful microorganisms.
During the Reverse Osmosis process, the volume of feed water decreases, and the concentration of suspended particles and dissolved ions increases. Suspended particles may choose the membrane surface, in this manner blocking feed channels and expanding pressure drop across the system. Therefore soluble salts may encourage from the concentrate stream, make scale on the layer surface, and result in lower water permeability through an RO membranes. This process of arrangement of a stored layer on a membrane surface is called membrane fouling and results about performance of the RO system. The target of the feed water pre-treatment measure is to improve the nature of the feed water to the level which would bring about solid activity of the RO layers. Based on the raw water quality, the pre-treatment cycle for RO Plants may consist of all or a portion of the following treatment steps:
Explanation followed by Sand Filtration for Turbidity expulsion
- Water sterilization with chlorine
- Hardness decrease by Softening
- Expansion of scale inhibitor
- Decrease of free chlorine utilizing sodium bisulfite/Activated carbon channels
- Final removal of suspended particles utilizing cartridge filters
Applications of RO Water
- Power Generation Plants
- Input water for high-purity water systems
- Food & Beverage Production industries
- Water Jet Cutting systems
- Pre-treatment of Boiler and Cooling Tower
- Bio-pharmaceutical Manufacturing units
- Steam Production & Humidification units
We manufacture a wide Range of modern Reverse Osmosis Plants to cater the rigid cycle requirements. Our industrial reverse osmosis Plants are customized and arranged to suit the individual necessity of the output water, which shifts from typical drinking application to the utilization, for example, food Processing, drugs and kettle taking care of requirements.
Our RO Capacity Ranges from 250LPH to 10000LPH and above.
Customization is accessible on all our units dependent on individual water application and client needs.